1. How Does LIME-A-WAY® Aid In Hard Water Stain Removal?
LIME-A-WAY® Trigger, Toggle & Toilet Bowl Cleaner are effective in helping to dissolve the minerals (calcium & magnesium) within your hard water that leaves residual stains behind. The ingredients found in LIME-A-WAY® aid in the dissolving of limescale and calcium deposits and hard water mineral build-ups.
2. How is LIME-A-WAY® different from some other all purpose or bathroom cleaners?
LIME-A-WAY® is specially formulated for cleaning hard water stains, giving you the upper hand when cleaning the bathroom. LIME-A-WAY® has ingredients that remove hard water build-ups and limescale deposits. Not only that, but they allow you to do so scrub-free. Save your energy as LIME-A-WAY® obliterates stains: You just simply spray LIME-A-WAY® then wipe the surface dry—without any scrubbing.
3. Where can I use LIME-A-WAY®?
LIME-A-WAY® can be used to clean many surfaces that come into contact with hard water, such as the bathtub, bathroom tiles, shower doors, sinks, and toilet bowl. In general, the product should be used on hard, non-porous surfaces.
LIME-A-WAY® is not recommended for use on natural marble, stone, terrazzo, polished or anodized aluminum, metallic or painted surfaces, colored grout or counter tops. Please see product label for full details and precautions.
4. What is the difference between Trigger and Toggle format?
LIME-A-WAY® Trigger comes in an easy-to-use spray bottle that makes it ideal for cleaning hard water stains in small or hard to reach areas. LIME-A-WAY® Toggle, on the other hand, is ideal for cleaning hard water stains on larger surfaces, like bathtubs and shower walls.
5. Can I use LIME-A-WAY® to remove hard water stains on dishes, kettle and other kitchen appliances?
LIME-A-WAY® is meant for cleaning hard water stains in the bathroom, and is therefore not recommended for use on any food contact surfaces or appliances.
6. Can I use LIME-A-WAY® to remove rust stains from my car or other metal parts?
LIME-A-WAY® is meant for cleaning in the bathroom, and is therefore is not recommended for use on most metallic surfaces. Using the product on a vehicle surface may cause paint damage, etching, discoloration, etc.
7. Can I use LIME-A-WAY® on clothes to remove rust stains?
LIME-A-WAY® is only recommended for use on hard & non-porous surfaces.
8. Can I use LIME-A-WAY® to remove rust stains?
LIME-A-WAY® removes rust stains effectively. For full details and precautions on how to use LIME-A-WAY®, please see the product label.
9. How long should I leave LIME-A-WAY® on stains?
For a heavily soiled surface, allow about 1-2 minute contact time; then follow label instructions for wiping & rinsing. The steps may need to be repeated depending on the soil intensity.
10. Does LIME-A-WAY® work on all stainless steel, brass and chrome fixtures? Is there any metal fixture on which I should not use LIME-A-WAY®?
Keep in mind when cleaning a shower or sink area, LIME-A-WAY® contains ingredients that could etch or discolor metal. The products can be used on some chrome and stainless steel fixtures. Follow all instructions on the product label. Test a hidden area prior to use. Do not use on coated metallic surfaces.
After applying the product, promptly wipe and rinse the area thoroughly to avoid damage. For full details and precautions, please see the product label. LIME-A-WAY® is not recommended for use on other metallic surfaces for risk of discoloration or other types of damage.
11. Does LIME-A-WAY® work on all surfaces - Marble, Granite, and Vinyl?
LIME-A-WAY® is not recommended for use on stone. The active ingredient within the formulation dissolves minerals; many of which are within surfaces such as marble and granite. Vinyl or any other form of plastic can be easily damaged by the ingredient within the formulation.